Why?

For some background on what this blog is all about please feel free to click here.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Patience? Psh...

One of the biggest undertakings when trying to totally re-vamp one's way of thinking is being patient enough to actually do it.

As most of my minions (wonderfully patient people who put up with me on a regular basis...) would agree, patience is not a quality that the Good Lord granted me an abundance of. Of course, another popular theory is just that I am lazy and don't try to be patient. I'll leave that one out in the Universe...lazy is in the eye of the beholder...

BUT I digress, back to the issue at hand. Patience. The whole concept of patience has always eluded me. I mean, when you get down to it, having to wait for things to come to you or to happen to you goes against every particle of our selfish human nature. If I'm gonna work this hard then the reward should be instantaneous. Hence, the point of this blog.

The whole point is being SATISFIED with the right now, and making THE RIGHT NOW my Ever Ever After. Rather than sitting around on my tush teaching myself to be patient (at the ripe old age of 28 I'm still failing miserably at that...) and saying "it will happen...some day", I am actually just trying to embrace the here and now and love where I am.

I must confess, I totally watched The Little Mermaid a few days ago. Oh Disney...that is a rant in and of itself. Seriously, her dad had some huge rage issues and no 16 year old gets to go run off with a much older (albeit good looking) dude. Prince or not. And sea shell bras? Ummm...I can't even be confortable in an underwire for more than like 12 hours....no thanks.

But the biggest thing that stuck out at me at the end was the whole "happily ever after". I thought to myself "Really? So now what? Do they die on their honeymoon? Cause certainly that can't be the pinnacle of the very happiness of their beings for forever!! Tomorrow they are totally gonna wake up and be like ok, now what??"

Lately answering myself when I say "Now what??" has become a chore. I'm actually becoming impatient with MYSELF and how much I apparently suck at this whole finding happiness in the daily ins and outs. *sigh* If I was to allow myself to think on it then I'd probably come to the conclusion that what I really need to work on is patience....but where is the fun in that?? :) Kidding...kind of....being patient with oneself, much like being happy with oneself is fairly difficult.

In hindsight, when I started this blog I thought it was going to be really easy to catch myself in the act of complaint and finding ways to make a happy moment out of it. Looking back, I was pretty naive. It is REALLY easy to catch myself. Not as easy to derail the negativity without getting impatient with my shortcomings.

So the long and short of this random post is that today's "Now What" is unfortunately "Hey Princess....you have a patience problem....so now what are you gonna do about it??"

My answer? I'm not sure, but I'm almost positive that it lies in the act of thanking myself for correcting myself, and allowing myself to be patient with myself....

If there was any doubt up until that sentence that I am in fact, slightly crazy....well I hope that set everyone straight. The good news is:

My blog. My crazy ;) For now and Forever Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment